- The SMART Protocol offers an entirely unique approach to the understanding of acupuncture and addiction.There are no other comparable courses.
- SMART have developed an entirely new, groundbreaking, scientifically based model of auricular acupuncture.
- SMART are authors of the authoritative textbook ‘Auricular Acupuncture and Addiction’.
- Courses taught by leading experts in the addiction field.
- Recognised trainers of the NHS, HM Prison Service and the Military.
Our very own Sue Cox OBE has been the recipient of several awards, including:
- OBE in the new King’s first birthday honours (click here to read more)
- Inspirational woman of the year presented by Dr. Suzannah Lipscomb
- Lifetime achievement award for contributions to addiction treatment
On the occasion of the SMART UK Annual Conference 28th September 2005, Her Majesty was interested to learn that the members of your organisation are Substance Misuse Workers from HM Prison Services, NHS Agencies, Mental Health Agencies, Community Alcohol and Drug Teams and other charities across the United Kingdom and sends her best wishes to all those present for another successful and enjoyable gathering.
Sending the greatest admiration for the real difference you are making every day.
Keep up the good work!
The work you do is of the utmost important, and I commend you for your brave and determined attitude. Good luck and many successes.
I really commend and praise your good works. In my eyes you are all heroes and champions, as it takes a very remarkable group of people to achieve all that you have achieved. Our society faces so many challenges but with your oustanding and admirable efforts it seems like we are starting to make light of the challenges and it’s only through foundations and amazing people like yourselves that we can set out to do this. Finally I encourage you to keep up the good efforts and keep strong. Your work will never go in vain.
I was very encouraged by the dedication of your members. Their determination to improve the lives of drug users, demonstrated by their commitment to the organisations they serve, its greatly appreciated.